Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Final Reflective Post


At the beginning of signing up for this class I was overall excited for starting my first education course since I changed my major from nursing to teaching. While in class I noticed familiar faces from previous courses I had taken. The class environment was great we all got along and with Mrs.Coleman as a teacher was great!

I learned many things about technology I was not aware of like blog posts, wikis, WebQuest, ePortfolio, how to create rubrics, how to critique a webpage and also engaged in doing more discussions online than previous courses. The one I enjoyed doing the most was the WebQuest since we had practiced it in class already. The textbook had valuable information that will be helpful in the future for your classroom. I feel like I overcame all the learning outcomes on the syllabus which is something I am very proud of, because I thought they would be a lot harder than it actually was. something I would've wanted to see more in class was more practice with technology as in the Microsoft  programs, but overall I am glad we learned about other websites we could use in the future. My favorite websites would have to be Bibme and Delicious. Bibme is great for those who don't know how to properly cite websites, books and etc. Delicious takes the trouble away from bookmarking a website to the toolbar of your computer and only being able to see it on that computer, I like this website because you can view your bookmarks everywhere without having to be on a specific device.

I am really glad I took this class because it expanded my knowledge of different technology websites that I can use with my students in the near future. Thank you Mrs. Coleman for taking the time to teach us and answering all our questions as soon as you could.

Resources:
 Untitled. (n.d.). Retrieved December 10, 2015, from http://worditout.com/word-cloud/1321590 

1 comment:

  1. I hope this means that you are still interested in pursuing teaching as a career (and major!). I also remember that first night when you anxiously arrived to class and eagerly sprinted to buy the textbook - seems like a year ago when I think about all that you have learned! :) You now have the strong foundation of content knowledge and technology skills to build upon in your future classes - Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete